Spammers will be blocked and bombed.
This is your guide to writing for a Wiki site.
Please read through these instructions which will make your life much easier!
How to start Writing
- The easiest way to start is to find an article that interests you and click the edit button to add your own contribution.
- A quick way is to search for an article, after logging in. Hit the Go button (not Search) and If the article does not exist you will be asked to create it. Easy!
How to edit an article
- This is a wiki which means you are free to edit, correct or add to any page in a responsible and factually accurate way.
- Use the page menu to go to a section and click the Edit link for that section (saves wading through long pages).
- Double click on the page to open up an edit view of the entire page.
Wiki formatting is different to what you are used to. At first it seems more difficult than using Word because of the lack of a true wysiwyg menu; but in the end you will find that in most cases it is easier. There is a formatting menu - so don't forget to use it! If you stick to basic things you'll be fine:
- Headings: use the A button or just use == signs before and after the heading
- Bullet points and numbers: Use a star - * - for bullets and the hash - # key for numbers
And basically that's it for now. Use the Format Bar for bold, italics and so on and you'll soon be doing it all by hand.
How to find stuff
- Use the article index links at the top of the page or use the search box. The search function is good and will usually find all the relevant links.
- If you click on the Category link (or "tag") at the bottom of the article page, you will see a list of articles in that category.